Sanjuanita González - Managing Partner
Sanjuanita González practices law in the areas of Social Security Disability and Immigration in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas, nationally as well as abroad. She has been a practicing attorney since 1981. Prior to the formation of Cohen, Fluhr, González & Pinillos, P.C., she was a partner in the law firm of Fluhr & González, a bilingual (Spanish/English) firm, where she practiced primarily in the areas of Social Security/SSI Disability and Civil Litigation. In 1999, Fluhr & González merged with Emily M. Cohen & Associates to form Cohen, Fluhr & González, P.C. where she was appointed Managing Partner.
Ms. González is a Fellow of the Academy of Advocacy of Temple University School of Law, and she has lectured to various professional and community organizations regarding Social Security Disability and Immigration.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Board Member of the Philadelphia Board of Ethics (2011 to present)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Co-Chair of the Social Security Disability Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association (2008 to 2013)
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania (former Vice President)
- Former President of the Council of Spanish Speaking Organizations (Concilio), the oldest Latino community based organization in Pennsylvania
Juris Doctor, Rutgers University Law School (Newark, NJ)
Master of Arts, City University of New York (New York, NY)
Bachelor of Arts, Texas Woman’s University (Denton, TX)